Sunday, February 7, 2010

Heather












Hi everyone! :) My name is Heather, and I'm the next of the Papertrey Peeps to post an intro. :)

I live in Columbia, MD with my husband Jason, our 4 1/2 year old daughter Lindsay, and an assortment of little boogers (aka our 3 cats and our Aussie pup). Our daughter is a total spitfire, and I just love her to pieces. :)

I was born in England, and have spent most of my life in the US (in Maryland and Virginia), except for the four years we lived in Canberra, Australia (my mom was career Air Force).

I was introduced to the world of stamping back in late 2005 when my husband's aunt invited me to a stamp camp... :) I signed up to be a demo (for the discount...LOL), and plunged head first into stamping.  I ended up taking a blogging/crafting break over 2008, and when I returned to stamping in January of 2009, I was shocked beyond belief when I was asked to be a member of SCS's Dirty Dozen.  I mean, seriously... ME? LOL! It was a wonderful 6 months, and I grew and changed so much during that time.  I also stumbled upon PTI by way of Dawn McVey's blog back in February of 2009, and man oh man, it was quite the slippery slope! A year later and here I am... Hopelessly addicted. :)


Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this group! I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all better! :)

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

Heather, Its fun to learn a little more about you. Enjoy your sweet daughter. Hopefully she will enjoy making crafty things with you. As a boy Mom, I always have to borrow girls.

Sharron said...

Hi Heather, I really enjoyed getting to learn a little more about you. It's interesting to find out that you have such international roots. I smiled at Rhonda's comments about girls. I had 2 boys and always also wanted a girl. Luckily we have 4 granddaughters so finally get to enjoy all the fun little girl things. I love your stamping style and always enjoy visiting your blog. So glad we got acquainted through the Peeps. Hugs!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

enchantée de faire ta connaissance Heather
Bisous

Linda W said...

Hi Heather. I enjoyed reading more about you. My experience with stamping is quite limited, so I am not very familiar with SCS. But it sounds like quite an honor and compliment to have been chosen for that group. I know you do beautiful, creative work from visiting your blog. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

peggysue said...

Wow you have traveled a lot! And congratulations on having been a dirty dozen girl, wow, what an honor. I know I enjoy your stamping talent and am glad you're part of our PTI group online.

Terri said...

It is great to find out more about you. What a great honor to have been a dirty dozen girl! I am glad that you are a part of this group too!

Aimes said...

Hi Heather! Lovely to find out more about you - what a talented stamper you are! I mean, being one of SCS's Dirty Dozen is an amazing! I'm so glad you're a part of our group!
x

Lori said...

Ahhhh, the trick is finally revealed! I need to take a break!! LOL!!! It is my dream to be a dd, but I have a lot more work to do before that will happen!!
You are quite a wordly lady!! I've only lived in Minnesota my whole life, we are thinking of moving south some day!!
So nice to learn more about you!!

Cammie said...

Hi, Heather. It's great to "meet"you. I've admired your cards in the PTI gallery at SCS. A Dirty Dozen alum! What a fantastic honor! I'm glad your part of this group. I'm lovin' the inspiration from your blog.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Hi Heather,

What fun getting to know you a little bit better. I love your blog and the cards you make. And you are a Dirty Dozen alum! I can hardly wait to see the challenge you give us! Glad you are part of our Peeps team!